B. JOINED STATEMENTS –
B.1. Join: AND … TOO
John IS a student. Mary IS a student.
John STUDIED hard last month. Mary STUDIED hard last month.
John HAS STUDIED. Mary HAS STUDIED.
John CAN PLAY the piano. Mary CAN PLAY the piano.
John IS a student
John HAS BEEN there
John IS GOING TO GO
John CAN play the piano
John SHOULD study hard
John IS STUDYING
John PLAYS every day
Exercise: B.1.1. Practice Two Positive Joined Statements
Listen to two statements. Join the second one to the first. For example:
Marcia is going to the dormitory. Zhu is going to the dormitory.
MARCIA IS GOING TO THE DORMITORY AND ZHU IS TOO.
John came to the meeting. Mary came to the meeting.
JOHN CAME TO THE MEETING AND MARY DID TOO.
I can go. My brother can go.
I CAN GO AND MY BROTHER CAN TOO.
Ali has bought a new laptop. Mohamed has bought a new laptop.
ALI HAS BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP AND MOHAMED HAS TOO.
1. John played the piano. Mary played the piano.
2. John is studying. Mary is studying.
3. They study English every day. Mr. Saito studies English every day.
4. We became tired. You became tired.
5. We are tired now. John is tired now.
6. They will be here tomorrow. We will be here tomorrow.
7. You can read Chinese. I can read Chinese.
8. You should write to the University. Mary should write to the University.
9. John may go to the movies. Mary may go to the movies.
10. John reads every day. Mary reads every day.
11. We should arrive on time. The teacher should arrive on time.
12. John has been in Africa. Mary has been in Africa.
13. I arrived late. My friend arrived late.