A. Passives – Receiver Form
A.1. General-AF in the Action Block Position
New pattern/State pattern Passive
AcnL of Time
S-Block A-Block Receiving Block
Previous pattern/Activity pattern - Active
Exercise: A.1.1. Practice General-AF
Transform activities to states. For example:
They write reports every day.
REPORTS ARE WRITTEN EVERY DAY.
Someone locks the door every night.
THE DOOR IS LOCKED EVERY NIGHT.
People eat a lot of bread in this country.
A LOT OF BREAD IS EATEN IN THIS COUNTRY.
1. The teacher explains the lesson every day.
2. The janitor fastens the windows every night.
3. The guard dogs protect this shop all around the clock.
4. Someone does the hotel rooms every morning.
5. The employees always do the work on time.
6. People lose many things every day.
7. Some countries spend billions of dollars on nuclear weapons.
8. The waiter serves this wine at room temperature.